Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Music




Thank you for so interesting topic. Music takes the main part in our life.
Azeri music has deep roots in its culture. Historically Azerbaijan is famous for his music, I’d say classic Azeri music- “Muqam”. It’s really specific music which belongs to our nation. There are different kinds of instruments to perform Muqam: tar, kamancha, zurna, qaval. All these instruments are handmade.
I’d like to notice one thing. The Azerbaijan youth are interested in modern music which is very popular nowadays. I mean jazz, pop and rock music. But they love and always advert to our historical music- Muqam. Last year Azerbaijan took part in Eurovision musical competition. Our young singers sang the song where the pop, rock and opera music was combined with Muqam and it was very original and exiting composition.
I’m proud of our well-known Azeri composers. Most of them are famous all over the world. Uzeir Hacibeyov, Gara Garayev, Fikret Amirov, Vaqif Mustafazade are one of them.
I do want our music to be popular and recognized in other countries. Maybe you know Alim Qasimov, Aziza Mustafazade, and Sevda Alekperzade which have made their contribution in distribution of Azeri music all over the world.
Unfortunately, I don’t practice music professionally. But I like to listen to the music very much. It helps me to relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment