Thursday, February 12, 2009

My Personal Media İnventory


1.BOOKS:

Of course, I like to read the books very much. To tell you the truth, I haven’t enough time to read. But on holidays I try to back to my “library”. I like to read different kinds of books: detective, fantastic and classic.
Nowadays people don’t read a lot as there’re a lot of other ways like internet, television,computers where we can get full information about everything. From one side it helps us to save time and to find information very quick. But when we read a book we’re completely absorbed in the “world of the book”. And feel ourselves as a hero of composition. My favorite book is “Harry Potter”. This book really let me see and feel a world of mysterious.


2. NEWSPAPERS/MAGAZINES:

I also like to read newspapers and magazines. I’m subscriber of the several magazines: “Golden Globe”, “100 people who changed the world”, “National Geography”, “Erudite” and so on. I can get more interesting and detailed information about well known people as Lev Tolstoy, Nobel, Peter I, Leonardo Davinchi, Alfred Chichko, Einstein, Grimm brothers, Adolph Hitler, Mussolini and so on. I advise you to read “Golden Globe” magazine. Each number of this magazine is dedicated to the one country. And DVD with full information about history, culture, tradition also attached to the magazine. So, you have a chance to read, to watch and to hear at the same time.


3. MUSIC:

Sure, I do love to listen to music. Unfortunately, I can’t play. I like pop and National music.
You probably know about Mugham. It’s really specific music which belongs to our nation. Nowadays there’s new wave of music in Azerbaijan- combining pop and Mugham. Last year Azerbaijan took part in Eurovision musical competition. Our young singers sang the song where the pop, rock and opera music was combined with Mugham and it was very original and exiting composition.
I carry my IPod with me, it let me listen to music even when I’m out .I’m relaxing when I listen to music. I like Shakira, Beyonce, Beatles, Sarah Connor and so on.


4. TELEVISION:


I don’t watch TV so much. As a rule, every morning when we’re preparing to school (my parents to work) we watch morning news. During the day I like to watch sport, music programs. My favorite channels are “National Geography” and “Discovery” .Because all programs of these channels are about nature, animals, and unusual histories. We also never pass information programs, because it’s very important to know about all news in my country and all over the world.





5. VIDEO GAMES:

I don’t play any video games. I think that it's waste of time . I don’t know is that good or bad but I’m not interested in playing video games. I'm interested in other parts of media more.




6. COMPUTERS:

I use computer at home and at school. At school we do a lot of projects, presentations, learn programming languages. Recently we had a new project. The name of the project was “We are studying and teaching”. I have prepared presentation about “Scale of Notation”. At first, I learned everything about scale of notation myself. Then I had a chance to show this presentation and everybody liked it. I think that it was very helpful for them.
Now we are working on a new big project. We are preparing site about our school. All presentation, video clips created by our students during the year, whole information about us, our teachers and our school will be collected in this site. We’ll take part in competition between other schools of Azerbaijan. And I hope our school will be a WINNER!




7. INTERNET:

I spend much time on the internet. Internet helps me to save my time. And this is the only way to get any requested information immediately. Doing my home task I have to use internet to find needed information. Thank to internet I can contact my friends.
For the moment I use internet to participate in DOTCOM project. It’s very interesting and new for me. Thank you very much for that.

MY MEDIA PREFERENCES:

1.Computer
2.Internet
3.Newspapers/Magazines
4.TV
5.Books
6.Music
7.Video games

3 comments:

  1. Nara,

    You and I have similar media tastes.

    I totally dig HARRY POTTER - I read all seven books out loud to my kids. Crazy, huh?

    GO DOTCOM!

    Dr. W

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!
    We too are part of a similar project called 'Student Company'.I hope it is the same one=)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi nara. I'm Yegane. I like your blog. can you tell me about you?

    ReplyDelete